Paid Policy Research & Communications Intern
Education Reform Now (ERN) seeks an intern to join our policy team to help us conduct research on federal and state education policy. ERN publishes commentary, original research, white papers, and issue briefs analyzing trends and exploring new, forward-leaning ideas in education. Education Reform Now is an action tank that aims to: reorient education policy as a content as opposed to time or place based right for students and teachers; ensure consistent and mutually reinforcing policies at elementary, secondary, and postsecondary levels; and, promote new methods of content delivery and tools of influence on teaching and learning.
- Federal and State Policy Work
- Conduct background research and write research memoranda, prepare Powerpoint presentations, and draft blog posts on various federal and state policy K-12 and higher education issues
- Identify and summarize news articles on relevant education policy and practice topics
- Conduct quick turn-around ad-hoc assignments, e.g. creating a source citation document for op-eds, providing supporting links for blog posts, providing citations for policy papers
- Communications Work
- Develop draft tweets and Facebook posts for the DFER and ERN Twitter and Facebook accounts to advance policy team’s work and advocacy agenda
- Build DFER and ERN Twitter and Facebook followers
- Update our email contact lists
- Craft and manage our weekly email newsletter and other creative media as needed
- Administrative Support to office manager as needed.
Qualifications and Experience: Current or recently graduated undergraduate or graduate student pursuing a degree in education or policy-related field. Experience in education policy is preferred. Candidates must have strong research and writing skills.
The position is for the fall 2017 semester with a September 25th start date. The internship is part-time (20 hours/week). Hourly pay rate of depending on intern experience.
To Apply: Interested applicants should send resume, cover letter and at least three professional or academic references (we will not contact references until you have had a successful interview and notify you accordingly) to: email@example.com.