Protected Public School Choice ERN co-led an effort to protect $440 million in federal funding for public charter schools serving…
The mission of ERN CO is to promote education policy that will enable every student, especially those from low-income families as well as students of color, to obtain a globally competitive education that will empower them to reach their limitless potential. Education Reform Now (ERN) is a nonpartisan 501c3 organization that is committed to ensuring that all students have access to a high-quality public education, regardless of their race, gender, geography, or socioeconomic status.
From its inception, ERN CO has prioritized and fearlessly led in pushing legislation that ensured a high-quality and accessible education for all learners and earners in Colorado. ERN CO has been a key player in a number of important legislative wins that push for equity. Many of the policy wins for ERN CO touch an array of areas in our education system, including:
- Passing full-day free kindergarten;
- Creating the Department of Early Childhood and Universal Preschool Program;
- Leading by example and becoming the first state in the nation to ban legacy admissions to public post-secondary institutions;
- Prohibiting the holding of transcripts as a means for debt collection;
- Prioritizing FAFSA completion;
- Ensuring mill levy equity so that all public schools are given equitable access to resources, regardless of the governance model that they function under;
- Removing barriers for low-income candidates in educator preparation programs;
- Transitioning back to accountability post-pandemic;
- Providing students with more opportunities for credential attainment through stackable credentials.
ERN CO works tirelessly to ensure that all learners and earners, no matter their age, have access to high-quality education and the opportunity to gain the knowledge that they need to lead a fulfilling and impactful life.
By the Numbers
1stState to Ban the Legacy Preference in Admissions at Public Institutions of Higher Education
$3MDollars secured for the Quality Teacher Recruitment Program
Get the latest news from ERN sent directly to your inbox.