Protected Public School Choice ERN co-led an effort to protect $440 million in federal funding for public charter schools serving…
The mission of ERN CO is to promote education policy that will enable every student, especially those from low-income families as well as students of color, to obtain a globally competitive education that will empower them to reach their limitless potential. Education Reform Now (ERN) is a nonpartisan 501c3 organization that is committed to ensuring that all students have access to a high-quality public education, regardless of their race, gender, geography, or socioeconomic status.
From its inception, ERN CO has prioritized and fearlessly led in pushing legislation that ensured a high-quality and accessible education for all learners and earners in Colorado. ERN CO has been a key player in a number of important legislative wins that push for equity. Many of the policy wins for ERN CO touch an array of areas in our education system, including:
- Passing full-day free kindergarten;
- Creating the Department of Early Childhood and Universal Preschool Program;
- Leading by example and becoming the first state in the nation to ban legacy admissions to public post-secondary institutions;
- Prohibiting the holding of transcripts as a means for debt collection;
- Prioritizing FAFSA completion;
- Ensuring mill levy equity so that all public schools are given equitable access to resources, regardless of the governance model that they function under;
- Removing barriers for low-income candidates in educator preparation programs;
- Transitioning back to accountability post-pandemic;
- Providing students with more opportunities for credential attainment through stackable credentials.
ERN CO works tirelessly to ensure that all learners and earners, no matter their age, have access to high-quality education and the opportunity to gain the knowledge that they need to lead a fulfilling and impactful life.
By the Numbers
1stState to Ban the Legacy Preference in Admissions at Public Institutions of Higher Education
$3MDollars secured for the Quality Teacher Recruitment Program
Get the latest news from ERN sent directly to your inbox.
State Chapter News
On Wednesday, April 15, Education Reform Now Colorado and A+ Colorado co-hosted a virtual discussion with national and local education leaders…
By Jen Walmer, DFER Colorado State Director Make no mistake – this is big. It took all 120 days and…
Plenty of Room for Progressives Who Stand for Real Change in Public Education By: Jen Walmer, DFER-CO State Director It’s…
DFER-CO Celebrates Re-Election of Sen. Bennet & Victories for Deep Bench of Democratic Education Champions
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE DFER-Colorado Celebrates Re-Election of U.S. Senator Michael Bennet & Electoral Victories for Deep Bench of Democratic Education…
A condensed version of the below post was originally featured as a Letter to the Editor in the Denver Post. By…